Please remember, if during lockdown you have any issues accessing the home-learning materials or you have any concerns regarding supporting your child with their work, please contact your child’s teacher via email; your child’s Teams login or contact the school office who will be able to direct support to you.
For children working at home, work for your child will be provided via their Teams login. Each day they will be able to join a live call with their class teacher at 9.15am. At this time, the teacher will explain the work set for that day. They will also be able to join a live call again at 3.15pm, (Class 3 - 2.45pm).
Again, I would reiterate if your child is not able to join a call or is not able to complete the work set please do not worry. We all understand that it is difficult to support your child when trying to work from home or when looking after younger siblings too. Just do what you can and do not compare to others as every home situation is different.
Below is a list of online learning platforms and educational sites. Of course children will still have access to our regular online resources such as Times Tables Rockstar and Purple Mash all username and passwords can be found in your child’s Home Work book.
- Keep on top of the daily news by exploring the website https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround
- TTS have produced a KS2 (ages 7-11) activity book, which provides a broad range of learning opportunities across the curriculum. This can be downloaded using the following hyperlink http://www.tts-group.co.uk/on/demandware.static/-/Library-Sites-TTSSharedLibrary/default/vaea75f5663a038b8658d258fd198e57ce70b35d6/images/homepage/My_Activity_Book_Yrs_7_11.pdf?version=1,584,037,589,000
- Oxford Owl reading- access free downloadable e-books https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/
- Computer programming https://blockly.games/
- Computer programming https://scratch.mit.edu/
- A range of activities for a variety of subjects https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary
- Online active movement and mindfulness videos https://www.gonoodle.com/for-families/
- Twinkl – https://www.twinkl.co.uk/ - an amazing resource and you can get a month’s free premium membership, which gives access to full topic packs, using the code IRLTWINKLHELPS.
- BBC – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize and the normal BBC website - great for lots of things and video clips relating to their respective topics
Also you may be interested to know Blue Peter have launched a Blue Peter on You Tube which you can subscribe to free of charge.
'Blue Peter is the longest running kids TV show in the world and we are uploading videos to it that are suitable for 5-11 year olds. We have world record breaking challenges, arts and crafts, environmental videos, cooking and baking how tos, inspirational films, gaming, celebrity appearances, dance routines and music performances. We also feature ways of getting a Blue Peter badge, behind the scenes footage and extra content about our incredible presenters Adam, Lindsey, Mwaksy, Richie and Henry the Blue Peter dog.'
The link is https://www.youtube.com/bluepeter
Here are some links to some additional resources which you may find useful:
There will be further e learning opportunities added to the school website as we progress further though this challenging time.
Thank you for your continued support .
Here are links to some useful websites to help you with you homework:-
All the staff at Cropwell Bishop Primary School are missing you, watch the video to find out how much!