Please click on your class page to find your Working at Home Grid.
We will be developing a Home Work menu for children to select from over the following few weeks whilst the school is closed. This will be uploaded to the school website and will be found in the class sections. There is not a set expectation for work that must be completed, we understand this will depend on available childcare and health of the family. However, it is important that children remain engaged in their education to keep their minds heathy and active. Below is a list of online learning platforms and educational sites. Of course children will still have access to our regular online resources such as Times Tables Rockstar and Purple Mash all username and passwords can be found in your child’s Home Work book.
- Keep on top of the daily news by exploring the website https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround
- Explore a fantastic resource provided by Scholastic (open the following hyperlink to read a letter from Scholastic for more details) https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/content/dam/classroom-magazines/magazines/support/scholastic-at-home/LAH-letter-families_rev.pdf For 20 days, Scholastic have provided rich learning opportunities and activities. To explore the age appropriate learning content, open the following hyperlink https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome/grades-6-12.html
- TTS have produced a KS2 (ages 7-11) activity book, which provides a broad range of learning opportunities across the curriculum. This can be downloaded using the following hyperlink http://www.tts-group.co.uk/on/demandware.static/-/Library-Sites-TTSSharedLibrary/default/vaea75f5663a038b8658d258fd198e57ce70b35d6/images/homepage/My_Activity_Book_Yrs_7_11.pdf?version=1,584,037,589,000
- Oxford Owl reading- access free downloadable e-books https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/
- Computer programming https://blockly.games/
- Computer programming https://scratch.mit.edu/
- A range of activities for a variety of subjects https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary
- Online active movement and mindfulness videos https://www.gonoodle.com/for-families/
- Twinkl – https://www.twinkl.co.uk/ - an amazing resource and you can get a month’s free premium membership, which gives access to full topic packs, using the code IRLTWINKLHELPS.
- BBC – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize and the normal BBC website - great for lots of things and video clips relating to their respective topics
There will be further e learning opportunities added to the school website as we progress further though this challenging time.
Thank you for your continued support .
Here are links to some useful websites to help you with you homework:-