Year 5 Virtual Book Club
Hi Class 5,
Who is up for a !!!!!
If you would like to join me, then get your parent/guardian to send me the email address that you will be using (it must be an adults email address not your own). They need to send it to
The date for our first Zoom will be Wednesday 6th May at 12.45pm and as it’s our first for a long time, I thought you could all tell me a bit about what you have been doing during lockdown and about any books you have read Book Club or otherwise.
I’m hoping there will be a lot of us and I know some of you have already had a go at zooming but I haven’t eeeeekkkkk and so you will have to be very patient with me.
Click on the attachment at the bottom of the page for more information.
I thought It would be a lovely idea if we could still have our book club even though we aren’t altogether in school at the moment.
However, I am afraid, you will have to provide your own cake (I will be wanting to see photos of your fantastic cakes and bakes! Ingredients permitting)
Above are a choice of two books, that I thought we could read. However, if you can’t get hold of one of these, I am happy for you to read another one of your choice.
Idea's I have got:
• Sell the book to me – tell me what is good about this book and why I should read it.
• Draw a new front cover based on what you have read
• Draw your favourite character(s) based on how they are described in the book
• Write a paragraph about your favourite character
• Act a scene out! Grab whoever is closest or willing and act out part of the book and you could even film it!
• Find out more information about something in the book.
• Or suggest your own ideas!
I am hoping that we may all be able to meet up virtually on Zoom but in the meantime, you can send your pictures, ideas etc to me at email@example.com
Ooooooh did I mention there would be points and prizes!!!!!!!!